Lifestraw is a brand that offers portable water filtration products, designed to provide safe drinking water in remote or challenging environments. Their products are lightweight, durable, and simple to use, making them ideal for outdoor enthusiasts, hikers, travelers, and emergency responders.
- Founded in 1994 by Torben Vestergaard Frandsen
- Initially focused on developing disease control textiles for developing countries
- Launched its first Lifestraw product in 2005, a personal water filter
- Has since expanded its product line to include larger water filtration systems and other outdoor accessories
- Lifestraw products have been used in numerous humanitarian crises and emergency situations around the world
Sawyer is a brand that offers a range of water filtration products, including portable filters, water bottles, and gravity systems.
Katadyn is a brand that offers water filters, purifiers, and desalinators for use in outdoor, marine, and emergency situations.
MSR is a brand that offers a variety of outdoor gear and equipment, including water filters and purifiers designed for backcountry and emergency use.
A compact and lightweight personal water filter designed for outdoor activities and emergency use.
A versatile water filter that can be used as a personal straw, in-line filter, or with the included gravity bag.
A high-capacity gravity water filter designed for use with large groups or families.
Lifestraw filters use hollow fiber membrane technology, which physically removes bacteria, viruses, and protozoa from water as it is drawn through the filter.
No, Lifestraw filters are not designed to remove salt from seawater. For that, you would need a desalination system.
No, Lifestraw filters are designed for single-use only and cannot be cleaned or reused. However, some Lifestraw products such as the Flex and Family models have replaceable filter cartridges.
Lifestraw filters have a lifespan of 1,000 gallons (4,000 liters) or 5 years, whichever comes first.
Yes, all Lifestraw products are made from BPA-free materials and are safe for drinking water.